Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dream Bed #1

Moving on in my "dreams" ... I am obsessed with bed linens (monogrammed leontine, porthault, matouk, pratesi etc.) so this is just the first of a series "in my dreams".

LOVE this bed... two of my favorite things... Ikat and Porthault! The Ikat fabric on the headboard is one of my favorites, a classic by Pierre Frey. Mixed with another favorite of mine, the Blue Hearts pattern, along with the Blue Carnation and Mini Oillets (mini carnation) in blue all by D. Porthault. This bed does look a little dated... I would change the yellow lining fabric on the canopy... and since this is "in my dreams", I would get rid of that wicker basket and breakfast tray and replace it with the Rose Tarlow chinoiserie bed table ( a mere $5000 NET last time I checked)!
My breakfast tray would have a vase of Peonies, a hot coffee, english muffin and a stack of my latest Elle Decor and House Beautiful... I could go on, but I'm getting sleepy :)

No comments: